The firm can proudly trace its history back to 1924 when it was formed by A Latto who traded as A Latto Accountant from the Bank of Scotland buildings at 22 George Street, Perth.
Mr Latto was joined in 1949 by B H Dudman and at that time the firm of A Latto & Dudman Accountants and Income Tax Advisers was formed.
In 1961 Mr Latto retired and L C Dudman joined his father as a partner.
In 1966, shortly after the death of his father, L C Dudman moved premises to 27 George Street then, in 1971 to offices at 20 York Place, Perth, Scotland – the birthplace of writer John Buchan.
In 1992 the firm moved to premises at 13 Marshall Place. The name of A Latto and Dudman continued until January 1995 when a major milestone in the firm’s history was reached. Following a restructuring, which saw Bruce Walton and John McKeith join the firm, the name was changed to Dudman and Walton, Chartered Accountants.
Alun Morgan joined the practice in 1996 and enabled the practice to continue expanding and in March 2001 the Pitlochry Office was opened.
InSeptember 2008, the Perth practice made the short move to recently modernised premises at 2 Marshall Place.
On 31 August 2009, Janis Walker C.A., having joined two years earlier as an associate from a firm in Blairgowrie was appointed as a partner.
The quartet was completed in April 2015 when Graeme Tough was made a partner having joined the firm in 2009 after qualifying as a chartered accountant in Stirling.